|Model :||S1 Continental|
|Body Type :||Fastback|
|Trim :||St James Red Leather|
|Technical Data :||Four speed automatic gearbox, power steering, 6 cylinder in-line configuration engine, 4.9 litres displacement, 4887cc capacity. Drum brakes servo-assisted.|
The success of the R Type Continental between 1952 and 1955 lead to the creation of the S1 Continental chassis, which was released in April of 1955. For the first time Bentley enthusiasts had a greater choice of coachwork designs to choose from with H.J. Mulliner and Park Ward responsible for bodying the majority of the S1 Continentals produced. One of the most popular designs was the fastback coachwork by H.J. Mulliner, built to design number 7400. It was modified to fit the 3 inch longer S1 Continental chassis and in styling terms was adapted further from the R Type Continental with a raised front wingline and less bulbous rear wings with a higher line which were finished with stylish new swage lines. Chassis number BC55AF which we are currently offering for sale is one of just ninety seven cars built to Design No 7400 in right hand drive by H.J.Mulliner between 1955 and 1959. It was originally completed in May of 1956, finished in midnight blue with a beige leather interior and was supplied new by H.A. Fox Ltd to the Countess of Suffolk and Berkshire who lived in Bruton, Somerset. It was then purchased by Peter Cadbury in 1957 and Bradleys Ltd shortly after. Chassis No BC55AF was first supplied by Frank Dale & Stepsons in early 1995, to a customer in west London who used the car as his daily driver. It became synonymous in Knightsbridge and the surrounding areas and was perhaps one of the most photographed S1 Fastbacks around. The car was maintained by Frank Dale & Stepsons for the owner during this time until August of 2010 when it was supplied again by us, this time to a collector in the midlands. He kept the car until late 2013 when it was supplied by us again, to a collector in Asia. Prior to shipping the new owner instructed the restoration of the car which included but was not limited to coachwork restoration and a re-paint in black, a re-trim in St James red leather with new carpets and headlining, chrome and woodwork restoration, plus full mechanical prep work including a complete engine overhaul. The car has been sparingly used since the works in 2013 and 2014 and presents and drives beautifully. It is fitted with a modern stereo system concealed in the glovebox, air conditioning and has also been upgraded with factory style power steering. It comes complete with a history file containing copy chassis cards, historical paperwork and restoration details. This beautiful and striking motor car is one we are proud to offer for sale again.
If you would like to make an enquiry about this vehicle, please contact us by phone on (00 852) 2285 1888 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org